Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reason for needing waiver

Answer to final questions of clemency form:
#11 Explain the extraordinary circumstances that you believe warrant a waiver of the Governor’s Pardon advisory Board eligibility rules. For example, and extraordinary circumstance could be, but is not necessarily, the fact that the conviction prohibits you from obtaining specific employment. However, the desire to hunt or possess a firearm for hunting purposes does not constitute extraordinary circumstances.

Waiver Request attachment for #11.
If/when I am released from prison, my conviction will prohibit me from seeking specific employment (like in Government Service with the military. I will explain in more detail below so you understand what I mean better. )

When I first came to prison in 1982 I didn't even know my high school fractions, decimals and percents. But during my first year in prison I got clean and sober and had a Spiritual Awakening. I studied hard to remedy my mathematical deficit and went on to the University of Wisconsin-Extension and got 4-credits in Algebra and 3-credits in Accounting, and became a prison GED math tutor. I also successfully completed, the 4-year Ambassador Bible Collage Correspondence course by Herbert w. Armstrong out of Passadena California. After that I took and successfully completed the Kenneth Hagin's RHEMA Bible College correspondence course out of Tulsa Oklahoma for 60-credits. Then I went on to get a Master's Degree in Religious Studies, a Doctorate in Biblical Studies, and a Ph.D. in the philosophy of Religion. My Doctoral Dissertation is registered and copyrighted with the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. Here at the Oshkosh Correctional Institution (0SCI)I had a meeting with Chaplain Reinke and let her know that (after I complete my Vietnam PTSD Treatment at the Tomah Veteran's Hospital) I would like to apply with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections (WDOC) as a chaplain, counselor, teacher, or similar worker in a correctional, mental health, military, or social service facility, since I believe I am called by God and my religious correspondence courses during my past 27+ years in prison make me qualified to hold a job in that capacity. Chaplain Reinke encouraged me, stating that the WDOC already employs two ex-convicts as chaplains.

After I am released from prison I also plan to volunteer to speak at jails, prisons, churches, or any place that will invite me to speak, about what I was like, what happened, and what I am like now, in hopes that I can reach someone to help them turn their life around too. I believe I have credibility, especially with prisoners, since I have bean a prisoner myself for over 27+ years of straight incarceration. I actually have, and am, walking the walk; therefore I am not only qualified, but I have credibility. I can also relate to inmates about faith and spirituality in general even though my personal faith is Christian. Even to Atheists, GOD can be considered a Good Orderly Direction.

I have enclosed a copy of my 2-page resume that I recently updated to reflect my current qualifications and employment aspirations that I believe I can make an effective employment contribution. For instance, over in Iraq, I would have liked to have had the opportunity to counsel with that soldier that recently (as reported on the news) went into the mental health facility and killed 3-4 employees. If I were employed through Government Service with the military there and that individual came in and counseled with me, I believe I may have been able to reach him and possibly averted that tragedy, because I can relate to feeling that you have reached the end of your rope and snapping. And even if I could not have reached him and averted that tragedy, I believe I could have identified him as a soldier that is at risk for becoming a danger to himself or others. So I need the Governor's Pardon Advisory Board to grant me this waiver application in hopes that I eventually do receive executive clemency from the Governor and can obtain the specific type of employment that I have described in this waiver request.

The Board may contact the following OSCI staff and ask them their opinion of me and whether in their opinion I merit a clemency waiver. Captain Sprangers, Captain Keller, Sergeant Musha, COII Reigert, Social Worker Jim Messing,
and Psychologist Dr. K. Dunlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment